photo home-26.png photo about-30.png photo shop-9.png photo sponsor-4.png photo content.png


Monday, June 29, 2015

Birthday Blush

Blazer: Reiss // Shorts: Forever21 (similar here and here) // Tank: Trouve // Shoes: Christian Louboutin // Bag: Fendi : Bracelets: David Yurman  


Happy Monday Everyone! Today is my birthday and in the grand tradition of aging, I have begun to ponder my evolving style throughout the years. There was a time in my recent past where if it wasn’t Lilly Pulitzer or J.Crew, I wasn’t interested in wearing it. And not that there is anything wrong with either of those brands, I still wear them both... my point is that my style spectrum has gained range in the 6 years between 20 and 26. It has been a fun journey, getting to know myself as a pseudo-adult and learning about what it is that I really value in a wardrobe. The following are a couple of truths that I have learned and try to follow:

There are things worth splurging on—bags, shoes, and quality suiting are things you will love for years to come are the building blocks of a great wardrobe. Save up for things you really want.

There are things that are not worth splurging on. Case in point- these shorts will likely fall apart after five washes. 
Mix your high-end and low-end items- style is easy when you are in head to toe luxury. Style is curated, effortless and often a lot more interesting if you pair designer with a great ASOS find. 

Don’t save nice jewelry for special occasions. Wearing meaningful pieces, heirloom other otherwise give your ensemble some character. I wear the jewelry my parents have given me every day, it is a little reminder that I am loved. 

Forget the rules. Yes—you can wear white after Labor Day. Dress for the weather and occasion, color is universal. Most importantly, dress for yourself.

That is everything I can think of right now. I hope you have a wonderful rest the week and holiday weekend... the fourth is just around the corner. Thank you as always for reading!

4 comments:

  1. Happy belated birthday! I love that blush blazer.

    http://dogmomchic.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Belated Birthday doll! I am in love with this entire look. It is very inspiring, and I must recreate something similar soon. You look amazing.

    Berty Morales
    Mad For Fashion For Less
    www.facebook.com/MadForFashionForLess

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great outfit!! Love your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is awesome, thank you for sharing. Also, visit our website if you are looking to purchase logo:

    Purchase Logo

    ReplyDelete

 

design + development by fabulous k